Xen Project Test Days
|October 1 is Xen Project Test Day. See Xen 4.6 RC4 test instructions for more information.
If you come to this page before or after the Test Day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test, post any bugs and test reports to xen-devel@. If this page is more than two weeks old when you arrive here, please check the current schedule and see if a similar but more recent Test Day is planned or has already happened.
What is a Xen Project Test Day?
Xen Project Test Days are all day IRC events, facilitated by members of the Xen Project community. The purpose of Xen Project Test Days is to
- Provide focus in testing Xen Project Release Candidates
- Primary focus will be on ensuring that Xen Project RCs work with distros
- Focus on new features of the Xen Project software release
How Does it Work?
- Join us on IRC: freenode channel #xentest
- Tell people what you intend to test
- Make sure that a Xen Project release candidate works for you
- Help others, get help!
- And above all: have fun!
Proposed dates for Xen Project 4.6
Test Days primarily make sense during the release candidate period of Xen Project. Typically we have test days every two weeks, after the first stable release candidate.
- Xen 4.6 RC1 had no Test Day
- Sept 1, 2015 - Xen 4.6 RC2 test instructions
- Sept 15, 2015 - Xen 4.6 RC3 test instructions
- Oct 1, 2015 - Xen 4.6 RC4 test instructions
- Subsequent Test Days are expected to be scheduled roughly ever other week until it is determined that the software is ready for release.
Archived Test Instructions from Earlier Release Cycles
- Xen 4.5 RC1 test instructions
- Xen 4.5 RC2 test instructions
- Xen 4.5 RC3 test instructions
- Xen 4.5 RC4 test instructions
- Xen 4.4 RC4 test instructions
- Xen 4.4 RC3 test instructions
- Xen 4.4 RC2 test instructions
- Xen 4.3 RC6 test instructions
- Xen 4.3 RC5 test instructions
- Xen 4.3 RC4 test instructions
- Xen 4.2 RC3 test instructions
- Xen 4.2 RC2 test instructions
- Xen 4.3 RC1 test instructions
- XCP 1.6 test instructions