This page contains pointers for information about the XenGT project (now renamed "GVT-v for Xen").
What is XenGT?
A full (opensource!) GPU virtualization solution that allows virtualized guest operating systems to “own” a shared Intel GPU yet allows applications to run with near-native performance.
The XenGT effort is currently an out-of-tree effort by Intel developers. That is, the code supporting XenGT is not currently in Xen Project repositories, but Intel does make it available. Efforts at integrating XenGT into Xen Project are expected in 2015.
What Information is Available?
- XenGT Architecture
- XenGT Setup Guide from Sept 2013
- XenGT slides from March 2014
- Video Presentation from October 2013
- Article on XenGT from December 2014 by Rob Farber
- Video About Intel's Work Virtualizing the GPU from January 2015
Where is the Code?