2016 Unikernels and More: Cloud Innovators Forum Call For Participation
Xen Project is pleased to announce that our next user event will take place at SCALE 14X in Pasedena, CA on January 22, 2016. Note: if you saw information on the SCALE website which said it is on the 21st, that is incorrect. We have confirmed with the SCALE organizers that we're doing it on Friday the 22nd.
What's It All About?
The Unikernels and More: Cloud Innovators Forum (aka CIF16) is an event sponsored by the Xen Project which will highlight some of the newest technologies for virtualization, containers, and the cloud. The Xen Project ecosystem is filled with interesting innovations which will seriously impact the next generation of the cloud.
Who Should Attend?
CIF16 is for users who want to peer over the next horizon in computing. We are bringing together some of the most interesting technologies into one room for one day at SCALE, the largest community-run Open Source conference in North America. You don't need to be a developer or hardcore geek to benefit from this event. All you need is an interest in the future of our industry.
Call For Participation
This is your opportunity to discuss what you've done before your peers in the industry. Have you deployed a Unikernel? Are you working with an embedded hypervisor? Or maybe you have ideas how to handle transient microservices in the cloud?
Well, this is your chance to tell others about it!
Do you have something FOSS project or solution which will impact the future of cloud or virtualization?
Send us a talk proposal by
December 19 December 24 and you might find yourself on the schedule! We believe this could be the largest user event we've held in years!
Your talk does not need to be specific to Xen Project. We'd love to see talks which highlight the use of our Xen Project software in your concept or solution, but we realize that many topics will be applicable to other hypervisors as well.
Possible areas of interest include:
- Unikernels, containers, and other small, portable cloud payloads
- Non-traditional use of hypervisors in automobiles, trains, network devices, and other embedded situations
- Modifications to cloud orchestration to handle ultra-small workloads, transcient microservices, or any other new concepts
- Changes to existing cloud concepts to facilitate the Internet of Things (IoT)
- or anything else new which will change the future of virtualization and the cloud
You don't need to be a software developer to present at CIF16. Some examples of possible talks:
- A HowTo talk on deploying a particular Unikernel
- A real-world use case for an embedded hypervisor
- How cloud orchestration architecture will change to facilitate IoT
If it's something that will interest users, it's worth submitting! And, if there is a particular tie to the Xen Project, please highlight that as well. We like to draw attention to those projects which leverage Xen Project to do new and innovative things.
Submit Your Presentation
So send us your talk proposal by
December 19 December 24 and let us know what you'd like to talk about. Include:
- Talk title
- Talk description (up to 4 paragraphs)
- Presenter name(s)
- Short presenter biography (1-2 paragraphs)
We expect most slots to be about 45 minutes in length. If you need more or less, let us know.
And please tell folks that you're submitting to #CIF16 at #SCALE14x!
When: Friday, January 22, 2016
Pasadena Convention Center 300 E Green St Pasadena, CA 91101