Difference between revisions of "Archived/Ubuntu XAPI Toolstack Improvements Spec"
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
Revision as of 16:33, 28 January 2013
The XCP Toolstack is an open source, server and cloud virtualization platform which provides a rich management API on top of the Xen hypervisor. The purpose of this blueprint is to discuss improvements to the Ubuntu XCP Toolstack that we wish to make during the Q-series development cycle. We would also like to discuss ideas for improving the interaction between the XCP Toolstack and other Cloud and Server managment interfaces, such as OpenStack, CloudStack, and Juju.
Now that the XCP Toolstack is part of Ubuntu, we need to ensure that we continue to improve the feature set and quality of our software in Ubuntu. This blueprint comprises of three main objectives:
- Updating the Debian/Ubuntu packages to the same version of software that will be released in XCP 1.6/XenServer 6.1.
- Determining how to incorporate the architectural changes we're making in XCP into the XCP Toolstack Ubuntu packages (see dom0 disagregation).
- Doing integration work with other projects, such as Juju, Puppet and Ceph.
We'll flesh out these user stories as we get a better idea of what improvement projects we'd like to work on during the Q-series development cycle.
- (Story about using Juju with XCP Toolstack)
- (Story about creating driver domains, say for using ZFS, with the XCP Toolstack)
- (Story about developing OpenStack on Ubuntu, Xen, and the XCP Toolstack)
- (Story about provisioning Ubuntu/XCP Toolstack servers with Puppet)
None at the moment.
Please see the Project Kronos Spec from the Precise UDS for a design discussion.
To be decided once we finalise the user stories.
To be decided once we finalise the implementation.
BoF agenda and discussion