Archived/Developer Meeting/March2019 - Safety Certification
- 1 About the Meeting
- 2 Visa Invitation Letters
- 3 Travel Information
About the Meeting
March 25 - 26, 2019 Exact agenda TBD, but I expect a 9:00 start and a 17:00 end each day
Agenda and Schedule
The evolving agenda can be found at here
Meeting Dates and Location
101 Cambridge Science Park Rd
Cambridge CB4 0FY
We should be able to allow remote participation for some of the meetings, but you need to register, such that we can ensure we can dial you in
Registration (both in person and for remote participation)
Please fill out the following form
Visa Invitation Letters
Please contact lars dot kurth at citrix dot com to get an invitation letter. Note that it will take 3 business days to generate a letter. Please provide the following information: Name as per passport, Passport No, Date of Birth, Place of birth, Date of passport Issue, Date of passport expiry, Place of passport issue, Expected Arrival Date, Expected Date when you leave the UK
The Citrix office is about 3.5km (a bit more than 2 miles) from Cambridge City centre. The map below gives a rough overview, showing the event location, railway stations and a number of popular hotels.
There are a number of hotels in the Orchard Park area. This is a residential suburb of Cambridge. Hotels are usually less than GBP 50-120 a night. By taxi, it will take you about 8-10 minutes to the office. Walking is possible. If you plan to stay in this area, the best options are
- Premier Inn (GBP 50)
- Holiday Inn (GBP 120)
Arbury Road/Chesterton Road
There are a number of smaller Bed and Breakfasts and Guest houses in the area, most costing around 80 GBP a night. Some of these are very good (look for ratings above 4.5) and are close enough to the city centre as well as the Citrix office. By taxi, it will take you about 8-10 minutes to the office. Walking is possible.
There are a number of options in the City Centre. You are looking at around GBP 120-150 per night unless stated otherwise and a 10-15 minute taxi ride to Citrix. If you have not been to Cambridge before, we highly recommend to stay in the city centre.
- University Arms (Marriott)
- The Varsity
- Hilton Cambridge City Centre
- Doubletree by Hilton
- Premier Inn City East (GBP 60)
Travelling to and from Cambridge
From London Heathrow
- Tube and Train: Take the tube to Kings Cross (1 hour) and then train to Cambridge (45 mins). The fast train to Cambridge runs every 30 minutes. You will need to buy separate return tickets for the tube (about 5 pounds) and train (about 20 pounds).
- Bus: There is a direct coach service to Cambridge (Jetlink). This runs every hour and costs 23 pounds. More details are available from Jetlink. Go to stop 18 at Terminal 4, or stop 9 at the central bus station.
- Fixed price taxi: there are a number of fixed price taxi services which are worth considering. Note that you will have to pre-book:
From London Gatwick
- Tube and Train: Take the Thameslink train to Kings Cross (1 hour?) and then train to Cambridge (45 mins). The fast train to Cambridge runs every 30 minutes. You should be able to buy a return ticket covering both trains at about 25 pounds. There is a Gatwick express to London Victoria, but this is more expensive and you will need to take the tube from Victoria to Kings Cross.
- Bus: There is a direct coach service to Cambridge (Jetlink). This runs every hour and costs 30 pounds. More details are available from Jetlink. Go to South Terminal stop 8, or North Terminal stop 3.
- Fixed price taxi:
From London Stansted
- Train: Take the train to Cambridge (45 mins). The cost is 13 pounds.
- Bus: There is a direct coach service to Cambridge (Jetlink). This runs every hour and costs 11 pounds. More details are available from Jetlink. Go to bay 18.
- Fixed price taxi:
From London Luton
- Bus:There is a direct coach service to Cambridge (Jetlink). This runs every hour and costs 13 pounds. More details are available from Jetlink. Go to stop B.
- Fixed price taxi:
Getting around in Cambridge
Easy ways to get around, depending on your preference are:
- Taxi: with one of the following local providers. Note that all local taxi providers have an app to book cars and track bookings. For booking phone numbers and further information, see
- Uber: is available in Cambridge
- Bus: see Jetlink
- Cycle: see information on cycle hire