Installing Linux on Kronos
This example will walk you through installing Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) on Kronos. Various other Linux distros and versions are supported (as are Windows versions): you can find out which by using the command
- The script below will require you to log directly into the VM in order to complete the installation. It is possible to use a pre-seed file to perform the installation process - see the xe documentation for more details.
- The script assumes that you are performing the installation from Dom0 on the local machine. It is possible to perform this task from a remote machine - again, see the xe documentation for more details.
You'll probably want to change the following settings:
- "vm-label" - to something useful to allow you to reference the vm from Dom0
- "hostname" - to whatever you'd like the hostname to be
- "domain" - to your local domain
#!/bin/bash set -e set -x template=`xe template-list name-label="Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 (64-bit)" --minimal` vm=`xe vm-install template=$template new-name-label=vm-label` network=`xe network-list bridge=xenbr0 --minimal` vif=`xe vif-create vm-uuid=$vm network-uuid=$network device=0` xe vm-param-set uuid=$vm other-config:install-repository=http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xe vm-param-set uuid=$vm PV-args="auto-install/enable=true interface=auto netcfg/dhcp_timeout=600 hostname=vm-host-name domain=mydomain.is.best" xe vm-start uuid=$vm