Xen 4.3 Release Notes
Xen 4.3.0 is under development. It is expected to be released on 17 June 2013.
- qemu-upstream is now the default for VMs not using stub domains. You can change this by adding
device_model_version = "qemu-xen-traditional"to your config file.
- openvswitch hot-plug script support. See the Open vSwitch section of Xen Networking for more details.
- NUMA affinity for the scheduler
- xl can now accept several USB devices, rather than only one, using the following syntax:
usbdevice=["device1","device2",...]The old format is still supported.
- XSM improvements. XSM can now override all IS_PRIV checks in the hypervisor.
The default installation prefix has been changed to /usr/local. Previously the default installation prefix was /usr To restore the previous behaviour, specify --prefix=/usr when running ./configure, e.g.:
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr
If you choose to accept the new default then be sure to cleanup any residual bits of the old installation in the old prefix, especially libraries and tools which you might pick up by mistake.
Due to this change it may also now be necessary to run /sbin/ldconfig as root after installing Xen.
- qemu-upstream does not yet work with stub domains. Stub domains will still be created with qemu-traditional.
- If a mac address is not specified in the config file, a new random one may be assigned on migrate or reboot; this can cause networking issues for some guests. The work-around for now is to specify a mac address.