Xen Project and OPWGnome Outreach Program For Women which runs from May 2014 to August 2014. This program is an internship program specifically targeted at women: our goal is to increase womens' participation in the Xen Project. It is a continuation of the very successful GNOME Outreach Program for Women and we are running the program in conjunction with GNOME and other prominent open source projects.
Information For Applicants
How To Apply
The official application period for OPW Round 8 is March 19th. Please fill our your initial application and complete your Xen Project patch by March 19th. Applicants that do not complete the first patch will not be considered for an internship. Please take a look at our application FAQ for more info on how to fill our your initial application. Applicants will be notified by April 21st if they have been accepted.
If you are interested in being a Xen Project intern, please:
- Join the xen-devel mailing list. Depending on the project you choose, you may also need to join xen-api or email@example.com (do check the information in the project). Check the list directory.
- Join the #opw IRC channel on irc.gnome.org
- Join the #xen-opw IRC channel on irc.freenode.net
- Read our instructions for applying, and apply by March 19th.
- Ask one of our friendly developers on for a bite size bug or work item. This can be reviewing somebodies code, submitting a patch, or similar and will need to be done by March 19th.
Community Reviewed Project List
Here is some links to guides, tools, development flows etc.
- All Developer Information
- Xen Project Overview
- Submitting Xen Patches with Git
- Xen Beginners Guide
- Introduction to Git
Information For Mentors
Improvements to the block I/O paravirtualized Xen drivers
Mirage OS contributions and improvements