Difference between revisions of "Talk:XAPI toolstack on a Debian-based distribution"
m (moved Talk:XCP toolstack on a Debian-based distribution to Talk:XAPI toolstack on a Debian-based distribution)
Latest revision as of 12:42, 21 June 2013
- N0de02:17, 30 March 2012 (UTC) : Hi all. I followed the instructions in this page, but since I have only one interface, which is a wifi interface and find nothing on the internet on how to effectively create a openvswitch switch which uses this interface as the public uplink and downlink, I have not gone farther than having a ubuntu precise upgraded box with xcp installed, but not functional.
- How do I create a xenbr0 and bind my wifi interface so it stays functional? After creating a bridge and adding this interface to it, my wifi card became unusable, so I had to delete the bridge for it to become available again.
- Thanks for any help, precisions or link on the topic.
- Lars.kurth 08:52, 30 March 2012 (UTC): Have you looked at Xen_in_WiFi_networks?
- N0de16:58, 4 April 2012 (UTC) : Nope. Not linked. The interface cannot be bridged with brctl at all. But when its put in a openvswitch switch, there is no way for network-manager or wicd to control it. It become "unmanageable". No traffic at all on the interface with tcpdump, but still in ifconfig. Any troubleshoothin advised?
- TODO (Mcclurmc):
- Have Quantal users use the unstable PPA
- Write script for pif-reconfigure-ip that works over ssh (will kill ssh session, but should be able to log back in)
- probably need to: ifconfig eth0 down ; xe pif-reconfigure-ip uuid=<blah> mode=dhcp
- Create local storage
- First need to reserve a partition for local storage